Rotary Club of Brimbank Central
Connecting with your local community and beyond
Brimbank Central Rotary is celebrating its 40th year as an extremely active service organisation serving our local, international and business community within Brimbank and neighbouring suburbs.
Rotary Club of Brimbank Central Inc. is a multi-cultural, professionally diverse club with a membership of community-minded men and women across a wide range of ages, from 20-somethings to 60-somethings and beyond.
Brimbank Central Rotary continues its commitment to service through connecting and engaging with volunteers to deliver innovative and enterprising projects that address social and business issues in the local and international community.
The Rotary Club of Brimbank Central meets weekly on a Wednesday evening for dinner and social interaction at the Taylors Lakes Hotel. Most weeks we host a guest speaker representing a business or community organisation, often from the local area. Presentations span a wide range of interesting and relevant topics, aiming to engage those who share a passion for making a difference in their personal, family, professional and community lives.
Rotary International provides an ideal opportunity for community-oriented individuals to connect with a global network of like-minded people who are committed to making a difference through service. We welcome those interested to come and visit the Brimbank Central Rotary Club to join our community conversation and take the opportunity to leverage professional and personal skills, passions and resources to make a difference in our local community and communities abroad.
Contact us for your invitation to our next event and the opportunity to meet like-minded friends in a fun and rewarding social environment.
Object of Rotary
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- FIRST: The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- SECOND: High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- THIRD: The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
- FOURTH: The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
The Four-Way Test
The Four-Way Test is a nonpartisan and nonsectarian ethical guide for Rotarians to use for their personal and professional relationships. The test has been translated into more than 100 languages, and Rotarians recite it at club meetings:
Of the things we think, say or do
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Avenues of Service
We channel our commitment to service at home and abroad through five Avenues of Service, which are the foundation of club activity.
- Club Service focuses on making clubs strong and vibrant. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan.
- Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society. Learn more in An Introduction to Vocational Service and the Code of Conduct.
- Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest. Learn more in Communities in Action: A Guide to Effective Projects and this Community Service presentation (PPT).
- International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.
- Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs such as Rotaract, Interact, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards, and Rotary Youth Exchange.